Cool eventsSee all »
- Ben & Jerry's
- Cédric Chevalley
- fund raising
- La Chaux-de-Fonds
- nail polish
- Eileen Schuch on Hendrick’s Gin Valentine’s Special: Heart-Shaped Cucumbers
- Eileen Schuch on CharacterStation.com brings cool Designer Toys to Switzerland!
- LondonJames on Hendrick’s Gin Valentine’s Special: Heart-Shaped Cucumbers
- LondonJames on CharacterStation.com brings cool Designer Toys to Switzerland!
- smugnificent on Mise à jour: when your wardrobe needs an update
Hello Little Printer
As we wend our weary way through the digital era, I am still in awe of initiatives that set out to forge the bonds between the real and the virtual and reconcile the worlds of analogue and digital.
Here’s a unique project: Little Printer by London-based BERG, which aims to put real paper back into our lives. This cute little cube is nothing other than a mini printer, which happily exists alongside our smartphones and other web applications. Little printer is an autonomous accessory you can just tuck in a corner and connect wirelessly.
At the press of a button, Little Printer delivers your shopping lists, diary, city map, quote of the day, recent tweets or your latest selection of articles (such as those on your favourite blog). BERG works actively with Google, Foursquare, Nike and others to offer all these services in a fun and intuitive way.
But BERG’s brainwave is to use thermal ink and paper, like till receipts. So printing is quick, silent, smudge-free and requires no maintenance. No more replacement cartridges and ink that dries up.
coolbrands gives BERG a big thumbs-up and looks forward to seeing this exciting new project come into being very soon. We are keeping a close watch on developments and will be sure to bring you the latest news when a truly tangible example finds its way into our offices.
nic the geek, tech blogger for coolbrands