Cool eventsSee all »
- Ben & Jerry's
- Cédric Chevalley
- fund raising
- La Chaux-de-Fonds
- nail polish
- Hendrick’s Gin Valentine’s Special: Heart-Shaped Cucumbers
- CharacterStation.com brings cool Designer Toys to Switzerland!
- Samsung News: Usain Bolt Joins Forces with Samsung
- Mise à jour: when your wardrobe needs an update
- Alp ICT Lift Venture Night: and the winner is… Faceshift
- Fifty Shades of Grey: a word-of-mouth propelled internet success story
- gites de france on Samsung News: Usain Bolt Joins Forces with Samsung
- Eileen Schuch on Hendrick’s Gin Valentine’s Special: Heart-Shaped Cucumbers
- Eileen Schuch on CharacterStation.com brings cool Designer Toys to Switzerland!
- LondonJames on Hendrick’s Gin Valentine’s Special: Heart-Shaped Cucumbers
- LondonJames on CharacterStation.com brings cool Designer Toys to Switzerland!
HEAVENS GENEVE, Swissness in fashion mode
Swiss fashion may be subtle, but it’s not lacking in ambition. The proof is HEAVENS GENEVE, which recently aroused my curiosity. This ready-to-wear brand was founded in 2008 by Philippe Camperio in a desire to promote and propel Swissness to the heights of the Fashion and Luxury worlds.
The very name “Heavens” conjures up the stunning, unspoilt Swiss countryside. The whole brand seeks to embody the Swiss identity and Swiss-made lifestyle. But what does that mean exactly? Well, firstly, we have a collection of feather-light cashmere voile scarves. Next, there are a selection of sweaters and knits woven in natural luxury fabrics, such as cashmere, merino wool and silk. At Heavens, Heidi the mountain girl has thrown off her snuggly woollens for a decidedly more updated look and a certain casual sophisticated chic. Kinda cool and classy with a big focus on quality and comfort. Values on which Switzerland has also built its reputation.
In ethical terms, the brand pledges 2% of its annual revenues to social and environmental projects. It is also involved in a carbon compensation initiative and is especially committed to a reforestation project in Madagascar.
HEAVENS GENEVE is part of the private equity group Swiss luxury beliefs, chaired by Mr. Camperio himself. The group’s ambition is to extend the Swiss quality aura to the fashion sector by forming a grouping of selected designer brands. By joining the group, designers can benefit by pooling costs and combining certain management and administration activities. That means more time and headspace to devote entirely to the creative act. Not having to think about supplies, production, logistics, distribution, profitability. Only having to think about designing and inventing. What could be cooler for a designer? Where do I sign?